background

Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My version of a freezer paper stencil....

Before I had heard of the cool idea of freezer paper stenciling, I wanted to put an image on a shirt for my boys. I started drawing this little boy angel in high school doodling on my notes... as a mother of 3 boys he seems rather appropriate.
I used thin plastic folders and stipled like if you were stenciling on a wall. There is a little smudging, but that is where I thought I was done and removed the stencil... then decided I wanted it darker and didn't match it back up just right. Okay for this shirt... goes with the faded feel.
V3 will look like the angel he is!


















I still plan to use freezer paper to stencil, but this little guy beckoned to me and demanded to be put on a shirt! and this version is washable and reusable!

No comments:

Post a Comment